Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

I had a wonderful weekend at home in Kingston!  The universe was on my side this weekend.  The trip to Kingston was smooth and fast!!  Normally there is an insane amount of traffic getting out of the city.  A trip that usually takes 2.5 hours can take up to 3.5 or 4 hours on a Friday evening.  Meg and I made it in 2.5 hours allowing us to spend some time with my grandma while getting ready to surprise my sister at The Keg.  It was perfect.  She was totally surprised.  Here immediate reaction was funny because she was confused to see us standing at the table.  It took about 30 seconds for the surprise to register and then she was ecstatic.

Meaghan and I met up with Katie, her best friend Tara (who is like a sister), and Tara's sister Kathleen (who is like another sister to us).  The 5 of us spent many hours laughing with and at one another.  The stories were flying across the table.  It was a fantastic night!!  I wish we could have more nights like that together girls.  I love you all! 

Here are a few pictures from the evening.  I'm still collecting a few of them. 





We took a few group shots.  My sister hasn't sent them to me yet. I forgot my camera.  :( 

Here is a random shot of our Chocolate Lab, Cooper.  He was sleeping on his back with his legs sticking straight up in the air.  Too funny!!



Sorry about the tiny images. For some reason none of the pictures will stay in the larger format. 

On Saturday my parents and I met with a very interesting re-upholsterer.  An interesting man to say the least...a bit of an oddball but one of the best in his field.  My parents have decided to re-upholster two of their living room chairs in a copper herringbone fabric that feels like a micro-suede.  The chairs will look amazing.  I can't wait to show the before and after photos. 

My mom and I took the rest of the day to shop at Home Depot looking for bathroom floor tiles for and paint for a lamp I desperately want her to spruce up.  I may kidnap them the next time I'm home and redo them myself.  :)  We then headed to HomeSense and spent a good hour or more browsing for home and Christmas accessories.  There was a GORGEOUS framed painting!!  Mom, I still think you should go back and get it.  Think about it quickly!  It will look fantastic in the living room. We left the store with a few Christmas decorations for me and then headed to Michaels to make some window ornaments.  I will show you the pictures tomorrow.  I have one more aspect to finish them off tonight.  :) 

It was a fantastic weekend!!  Lot's of laughs, funny stories, music, red wine, champagne, meat and potatoes and cake.  Honestly, what more can a girl ask for?  Well, it would have been nice for Ryan to be apart of it all.  Next time! 

I have another crazy busy day ahead of me.  I love it!  Bring on the work.  :)  Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)