Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A hard day that ends with Nate Berkus

Today was a difficult day at work.  There is a lot of work on the go.  Have I ever told you about my day job?  I sell advertising space in the Out-of-Home category.  It's tough going these days, especially after the recession!  After many months of downtime it has finally picked up for me.  I love working hard and staying busy, I do better in a fast pace environment.  Too much lag time brings out the procrastinator in me.  In the last few months I have been working MANY hours on a client's campaign.  Today, they broke the news that I won't be awarded the business because of a element I didn't even know mattered.  I hear 'no' a lot in this business but today's 'no' hurt because I didn't see it coming.  I had crossed all my t's and dotted all the i's but it still wasn't enough.  Unfortunately, this is the world of advertising.  We work for free most of the time.  It's frustrating but when we actually get the contract it's a great feeling!!  I was very excited about this particular campaign.  Luckily I still have an opportunity to win another piece of their business.  I'm grateful for the opportunity but frustrated at the same time.  I will get over it and move on.  I just needed to vent.  


I'm telling you this because I love to write this blog but lately have found it very difficult to set aside the time to post.  Luckily, I have a lot going on in my life at work (day job), with the blog, my design projects at home and with friends.  Spending time with Ryan is also a top priority.  He's a very understanding husband.  (I'm also a very understanding wife during golf season :)).  


Any who, I started a new routine this week of working out in the morning so I can come home at night and write the blog, research ideas and work on my home and friend's home projects.  I'll keep you posted on how it's working out for me.  


Now for the fun part!  Let's dream of living in these gorgeous rooms designed by the very talented Nate Berkus.  His style is very American.  I love the relaxed, homey, comfortable and classic mood of his style .  Nate likes to use a lot of gray, blue, black, camel and white.  

























I LOVE this chandelier!  I could picture me in that tub full of bubbles with a glass of wine and the next Twilight series book New Moon.  Oh wait, that has already happened tonight thanks to my wonderful husband!  When I have a tough day Ryan always has a bath and a glass of wine waiting for me at home.  Ladies, I'm a lucky woman to have married such a wonderful man.  :)  



The hit of blue and gold in this gray room makes me very happy.  I love it.  It's simple in that it's not cluttered and the painting speaks to me but isn't loud.  It's a great room that I would love to entertain in.  I get all this without seeing the rest of it but it's how I feel.  



Black doors.  Need I say more?



My next project might be painting something peacock blue.  It is such a striking colour that looks good in so many different room styles.  I need to fit this colour into my design somehow.  Love it!!! 





Check out Nate's work for Katie Lee Joel.  I love the warmth these rooms exude.  They say lived in, put your feet up and relax.  I can only dream of having a French bistro set next to a gorgeous window in my future dream kitchen.  Ah... love it!  






I hope you all have a great night or a great day depending on when you're reading this post.  


Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. that bathroon is really pretty. i love the tub.

    and i'm such a procrastinator...i always wait to the last minute to do everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the campaign, but there must be a silver lining somewhere in all of this. It may reveal itself when you least expect it!

    Nate Berkus, love him. He has a book called Home Rules and a line of furniture on HSN (Home Shopping Network). Check it out when you find some time (smile) Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)