Friday, November 27, 2009

My Friday night

I know I haven't written in a couple of days.  Again, my day job is keeping me very busy!  I love it!  I have gone through months of the phone not ringing and twiddling my thumbs so being too busy is an absolute blessing.  :)  


Tonight, instead of writing my post on beautiful hotels I'm spending it with a glass of this


and this...



Tonight I dropped my first car off at the dealership.  My lease was over and I was not prepared to purchase the car.  It was my very first car.  I will always have great memories in that car.  Dropping it off was much more of an emotional experience than I expected.  The last four years have flown by.  My life has changed so much in that time period.  I think that's what makes me so emotional.  I'm not the same person I was four years ago.  I have gone through so much - good times and hard times.  I smile when I think about how far I've come and where I've gone in that car.  It was where I let out my frustrations after a hard day of work.  I would turn on a great song and blast it on my way home.  Playing a great tune was my way of de-stressing.  It was my time!  This car has seen many trips to Kingston, a fantastic girls road trip in the US and many trips around town.  It provided me the ability to get to know my city better.  Ok... before I get ridiculous I'm going to stop.  My point is, it's an end of an era.  I leased that car when I was a single girl ready to take on the world (at least the difficult world of advertising) and now I'm settled down, married and thinking about where my career is going, when I'll have babies.  It's the end of an era and the beginning of a new one.  I'm excited!!  Who knows what the future will bring with my next car... :)


Back to my book and glass of wine.  Have a great weekend!!  (p.s. I haven't spell checked because I can't be bothered tonight.  It's FRIDAY! :) WOO HOO!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)