Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Black Doors

My life is crazy busy right now!  The old saying 'when it rains it pours' couldn't be truer.  I love having a lot to do but I hate not having time to blog as much as I want and to read my favourite blogs. Blogging really takes a lot of time.  My posts seem to take me hours.  Does anyone else take that long?  I have found that I don't watch TV as much. I will skip my favourite shows to blog (although...it helps that I can watch them online at any time).  This blogging world is addictive!  I feel lost when there hasn't been enough time to write a post or develop a theme.  It has become apart of me and I'm only 2 1/2 months into it.  There are many projects to complete and topics to share.  The next month will be full of great information.  Now I just need to organize my time.  

Now for my obsession... black doors in the home.  They add so much depth and drama to a room. Black is an essential colour for building a classic outfit.  I believe it does the same for home design.  I dream of one day painting interior doors black.  It doesn't fit every style of home but when done correctly its magnificent.  My uncle has the perfect house for it.  When he decides to redecorate again (I was the original interior stylist about 6 years ago), I will convince him to go black.  Until then, I will drool over these images and write when I can. 


Decorpad


Decorpad


Decorpad


Decorpad


Domino Magazine RIP




High Street Market


Nate Berkus


Nate Berkus



4 comments:

  1. Sarah, I LOVE your aesthetic!
    Question. Can you reccommend anywhere in Toronto that does slip covers/re-upholstry - but that is not crazy expensive?
    Thanks!
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha! Thanks so much for your lovely comment. :)

    I have recently found a great location on Eglinton called Regency Upholstering & Interiors 416.489.9290, 540 Eglinton. There estimates seemed fair to me in downtown Toronto. I will let you know you know if I hear of any others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain Sarah, writing a posts takes me hours as well. Eye candy such as these beautiful images can help relieve some of the pressure. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love black doors and if I had a bigger place, I'd be putting them in my own home. Next house, maybe!

    Reupholstery - I haven't used them, but I keep seeing that Sarah & other designers use Mieda Design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)