Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Honest Scrap!

The lovely and talented Erika Ward at Blu Label Bungalow awarded me the Honest Scrap award last week!! :)  This is such an honour because (a) it's an award and who doesn't love to get awarded?? (b)it comes from a blog I adore and (c) it's my very first blog award and honour! :)  You have no idea how much I screamed and jumped for joy when I got the email?  It was like I had won the Nobel peace prize.  I told my entire family and they looked at my like I was a bit coo coo.  I don't think they fully understand how much I love writing this blog and how fulfilling it is for me.  I didn't get the blog world either until I entered it. 





The Rules

     • Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award
     • Share "10 Honest Things" about myself
     • Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me (how do I limit it to 7???)
     • Tell those 7 people they've been award HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving
 
Now for a bit about me...
  1. This will sound odd and I admit that I'm picky!  I have a specific bedtime routine.  I get in bed, punch and fluff my pillow so it's all full and comfy, lie down, ask Ryan to fluff the duvet over me and lay it neatly on the bed and then I fold the sheet over the puffy duvet.  I sleep with only my head peaking out of the covers.  If I wake up in the morning and the sheets and duvet are still laying pretty then I know I had a good sleep.  (Ryan is probably rolling his eyes right now saying I haven't even come close to explaining the oddness of my bedtime routine).  I just tell him 'It's my thing!  Leave it be.'  :)
  2. I love jets!!  My family and I go to the Toronto Air show every Labour Day weekend to sit in awe of the most amazing planes.  If you ever have an opportunity to watch Jet Stream on the Discovery Network then do.  It gives you an amazing glance at what it takes to become and F18 Hornet pilot. Awesome!!
  3. I lived in London, England for one year back in 02/03.
  4. I have the best husband & family!  Ryan is my best friend and I can't imagine my life without him.  I have two younger sisters who I adore and love.  We sometimes fight but we can never stay mad at one another because it breaks our hearts.  We are all emotional suckers.  My parents are the best you can ask for.  They are a great influence.  Ryan and I only hope to replicate their marriage.  They have taught me so much in life and are the ones I still turn to for advice and to share good times with. 
  5. Ryan and I met while on the golf course.  Actually, we met in his pro-shop when I turned up for my very first golf lesson.  It's a summer movie love story. :)
  6. I'm very impatient!  Seriously! I'm constantly trying to work on it.
  7. I'm terrible at responding to emails.  I love to receive them and always say I will write back soon but rarely find the time.  Again, it's something I'm trying to improve. 
  8. I hate listening to voice-mails unless it's and old friend or family members that I very rarely hear from.  If you leave a message that says 'call me to catch up' then I prefer a text.  :)  Dad, you can always leave me a message. 
  9. I go into every little detail when telling a story or when explaining anything.  My version of a short story is others long story. I use to drive my dad nuts when we would commute from Toronto to Kingston every weekend one summer.  3.5 hours of me talking.  haha! 
  10. I prefer to host friends and family at home rather than going out.  it's more relaxed and easy.
Bloggers I nominate the following bloggers for their daily inspirations.  Thank you for all that you do.


Darby at Fly Through Our Window
Wanderluster at Rambling Renovators
Freckles Chick
Camila at High-Heeled Foot in the Door
Erin at Elements of Style
Paloma at La Dolce Vita (the very first blog I read)
Arianna at Arianna Belle

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! Thanks so much for nominating me!
    I really enjoyed reading your 10 things! It's so cute you have a bedtime routine and so awesome you got to live in London for a year! (Study abroad I'm guessing?)
    I can very much relate to your #4, #6, #8 and #10 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for thinking of me, Sarah! I'm honored!

    Loved learning more about you. Dare I say, we could be soulmates b/c I:
    1) have a VERY specific bedtime routine. When the Husband's out of town & I'm the only one sleeping in our bed, you'd never know it the next morning. It's still perfectly made. What? I'm not weird. =]

    2) I am SO there w/ you on the whole voicemail thing. I listen just enough to hear who it's from then it's the DELETE button all the way. Drives my friends & fam crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)