Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Decor

Halloween is just around the corner.  It's my least favourite holiday but nonetheless it deserves some attention.  I think I will like it more once I have children.  I use to love it!  I would get excited about carving the pumpkins and decorating the house with my sisters but now I can't be bothered.  I'm waiting for Christmas!! Less than 2 months to go!

I found some fantastic pumpkin decor and jack-o-lantern ideas from HGTV, Sunset and Martha Stewart

HGTV has a tutorial here on how to use stencils to design your jack-o-lanterns.  They provide designs that can be printed out on regular paper.  You pin it to the pumpkin and punch holes around the design to guide you in where to cut out the image. 

HGTV


Sunset
Love the black cats with orange eyes made of small pumpkins painted lacquer black.  This is seriously cool!

Sunset

I wouldn't mind stopping by these candy tables.  Yummy!!


Especially this one!!





Black pumpkins are very cool.  I would never have thought to paint them.  I like this idea and might even do it next year.








I LOVE this idea!  The pumpkins lighting a path is genius!  Thanks for sharing Martha.  :)


The only part of Halloween that I'm very much into is handing out candy to the adorable children.  One piece for them and two for me!  Alright... 2 for them and 2 for me.  :)  Unfortunately we can't hand out candy this year.  We're headed to Niagara on The Lake for a friends wedding.  It's going to a great celebration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)