Friday, October 23, 2009

M.I.A!

I know I've been MIA all week.  I have been very busy lately and very tired.  I've had so many post ideas but no energy to see them through.  But I'm back and ready to tackle my next job.  Last night I had dinner with my friends Paula and Jory.  They have asked me to help them decorate their new gorgeous home.  I'm very excited to get started since we've been talking about it for a few months.  We will be starting with their principle bedroom and living room.  At the moment, all we really know is they like their house to be neutral in colour tone.  I see us using a lot of brown, tan, ivory and gold tones for the base and a hit of colour that is yet to be determined with accessories.  Paula and I will be shopping this weekend.  It's going to be a lot of fun.  Below I've put together a neutral bedroom that might appeal to them. 

We have talked about the Collette bed from Crate and Barrel, which I LOVE!  They would like to have a headboard only so no one hits their toes when walking around the corners of the bed.  I would also suggest a darker fabric.  I love the nail-head detail!!!!! 



  Crate & Barrel


They have requested neutral bedding and white sheets.  This is Restoration Hardware's Ivory Italian Satin Stitch.  It looks quite bright in the photo but is actually very soft in person. 

Restoration Hardware

I would like to add the butter coloured Diamond Matelasse Cover and Shams to the bed. 

Restoration Hardware

I like these silk Dupioni Silk drapes.  The puddle on the floor is a must! 


A dark tall and extra wide dresser similar to the Hudson from Pottery Barn would look very good in the room and provide a lot of needed storage. 

Pottery Barn

It would be great to incorporate a bedside table with rounded edges like the oval Valencia from PB.  This one is a little too small to sit next to their king size bed. 

Pottery Barn

We'll have to bring it all together with a rug like this one at CSN Rugs. 

CSN Rugs
I love the Perry side table lamp from Crate & Barrel.  We'll see what it's like in person and how substantial it could look. 

Crate & Barrel

What do you think of the room so far?  At this point it's an idea.  I will have a much better sense of what Paula and Jory like once we go shopping. 

I'm still working on my cabinet. I never thought it would take me this long.  I just haven't had enough time to give it my attention.  Hopefully, it will happen this weekend.  I've decided to paint it black on the outside and possibly white inside.  

Have a great weekend!!!  I'll be back tomorrow with another post to inspire great sleeps.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your decorating plan. I'm working with a client who has the same bed, but made by Thomasville. Hopefully, she will allow me to post photos soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)