Friday, October 16, 2009

My new motto

I have just discovered a new blog by Arianna Belle.  Check it out.  It's fabulous!!  While perusing through I found this great article.   Arianna, I hope you don't mind me using your post.  It's very relevant to so many people and I think the more we share it the better.   This statement is my new motto!


Post & picture via Arianna Belle

Arianna quoted an article she found here by Cheryl Richardson, Life Coach.  It hit home for me and that's why I'm sharing it with you. 

"We all get caught up in drama at one time or another. It comes in many forms. Sometimes the drama occurs in our minds -obsessing over something we did in the past, worrying about whether or not we'll get an outcome we desire, or overthinking a problem to death. You know you're caught up in drama when you feel a sense of ongoing, emotional entaglement in a situation - a circumstance that seems to take over your life.


While there are some events that will take time to get resolved, that doesn't mean that you have to suffer. If drama is on your plate, a few things you can do: (1) stop talking about it since doing so only gives more energy to the problem; (2) identify the button pushers -oftentimes drama is fueled by unresolved past issues that get stirred up by present-day problems; (3) visualize a successful outcome for all those involved -put energy into the solution.


There's an old saying that you can't have a war when one side doesn't show up. Be that side. Do what you have to to address the situation and then walk away from the drama. Not only do you give yourself (and the problem) the greatest chance for a successful outcome, more important, you protect your peace of mind - the most valuable gain of all."

Arianna, thank you again for such a great post and introducing me to Cheryl.  Have a great weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)