Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall Passions

This post is not about interiors.  It's a bit about me and my passions. 

I love the fall!!  "It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."   You've Got Mail. 

I use to get excited to go back to school.  The fall is when friends have more time to hang out (the weekends are no longer for cottages), my favourite television programs premiere, I celebrate my birthday right after my favourite turkey holiday and you can't forget about fall shopping!! :)  I love that you can wear a dress during the day but need a cardigan and jeans for the evening.  It's the best of both worlds! 

I have a fall tradition of watching You've Got Mail
My favourite scene is the second last of the movie.  I could probably recite the movie word for word.  I've watched it that many times.  Here it goes.  Tell me you love it as much as I do.  So romantic! 
Joe Fox: You know, sometimes I wonder...


Kathleen Kelly: What?


Joe Fox: Well... if I hadn't been Fox Books and you hadn't been The Shop Around the Corner, and you and I had just, well... met...


Kathleen Kelly: I know.


Joe Fox: Yeah. I would have asked for your number, and I wouldn't have been able to wait twenty-four hours before calling you and saying, "Hey, how about... oh, how about some coffee or, you know, drinks or dinner or a movie... for as long as we both shall live?"


Kathleen Kelly: Joe...


Joe Fox: And you and I would have never been at war. And the only thing we'd fight about would be which video to rent on a Saturday night.


Kathleen Kelly: Well, who fights about that?


Joe Fox: Well, some people. Not us.


Kathleen Kelly: We would never.


Joe Fox: If only.
I'm such a suck!  It's just so sweet.  :)  I also love the set design.  Kathleen's apartment is incredibly cozy.  Unfortunately there are practically no pictures out there for me to share with you. 

Onto another favourite of mine - Gossip Girl.  Did anyone see the premiere last night?  At first I loved it but then it just got a bit strange.  My sister and I kept looking at each other with a 'what the hell is going on' type face.  I didn't love the story line.  However, I did love the clothes!!  

My countdown to the weekend has begun and it's only Tuesday.  I hope you're all having a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)