Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Painting Horizontal Stripes

Happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I did.  It was a busy one filled with a lot of family time, a lot of turkey and a bit of sleep.  I honestly loved it all.  Best weekend in a long time.  Today is a busy day at work so I'm going to get right into my post. 

As you know, I have been toying around with the idea of painting horizontal stripes around the nursery.  After seeing the white walls, I know they need something to liven them up.  I was also thinking of adding a tree decal with leaves falling.  Not sure if this is still a go.  I need to make the stripes work!  So for a little inspiration I have uploaded these photos for us. 

via houzz.com

via weedecor.com

via furniture4world.blogspot.com

via projectnursery.com

via Southern Hospitality Blog

via Southern Living

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the gorgeous sunshine.  At least in Ontario we will! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of painted stripes! Impact without the commitment of wallpaper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove the one from Southern Hospitality, it's subtle but still makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love painted stripes in a nursery or kid's room. The grey & white stripes images is my fave.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)