Monday, October 25, 2010

Fresh Start - Style at Home Living Room

Morning!  I don't know about you but my weekend flew by too quickly!  There is so much to get done between now and Christmas.  It seems each weekend for the next 5 weeks is jam-packed with events, to-do list tasks and preparing for the Jelly Bean's arrival.  We purchased the crib on Saturday.  It won't be set up for another few weeks as we still need to paint the stripes.  I've narrowed my selection down to 3 green paint colours.  I'll take a picture tonight if the light is good. 

Today's fresh start image is by Virginia MacDonald.  She is a very talented Canadian photographer who works for many of my favourite magazines - House & Home and Style at Home.  This living room was featured in Style at Home last month.  I  love it all!  The simple drapes, large gold mirrors (exactly what I need in our living room), and jewel toned accents and a minimalist look.  Well done indeed! 


Have a great week!!  xo

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours in this living room!

    Did you see the post where on the Style at Home blog where they showed the styling secrets to this shoot? So cool: http://www.styleathome.com/blog/2010/10/14/magazine-styling-demystified/

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. your comment made me laugh out loud!! Don't worry I know what you meant (not creepy, haha). Here's hoping winter stays away for a few more months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost a minimalist design. Lovely.
    AK
    www.akmagnoliahouse.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)