Friday, August 27, 2010

Redrawn


I have been in search of affordable drapes and roman shades for our bedroom, kitchen and nursery. With so many windows to cover I need to do this the economical way.



By chance, I discovered a store on Mount Pleasant Avenue (for those Torontonians) that sell consignment drapes and other soft furnishings such as pillows, rugs and unused fabric. Some of their selection comes from show houses, interior design displays or cancelled orders. They also have a seamstress on hand for those of us who find fabric at the store and need it turned into a window covering.


I spotted really great white fabric that would be perfect for the nursery roman shade (drapes will be too over-powering in the small room). Another customer had purchased the fabric on-sale for a specific window only to find it won't be enough fabric. I've asked Janet (owner of the store) to put it aside for me and ask the customer if she would sell it to me. I'll find out next week if it's a go or not. Fingers crossed!


On another topic, we painted the living room BM Navajo White last night. I'm not happy with the colour. It's come out looking way too yellow! I'm hoping it's just the lighting we currently have otherwise it will be re-painted on Monday night (Ryan's too busy this weekend). Luckily only one wall has two coats of paint. All others still have one coat. I'm going to the BM store tomorrow morning to discuss with their colour expert another white. It's so disappointing because I tested the colour on our walls prior to buying the gallon and did not see any hints of this yellow undertone. Frustrating!!!


I'll take a picture tonight and you can see for yourself. Maybe the 6pm light will make it look right. Probably not but I'm open to it.

Have a great Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)