Friday, May 7, 2010

What's black, brown, white and cream with hits of pink?

It's my favourite house designed by McGill Design Group.  They are a very talented team.  Every room they touch turns to gold.  Check out a few of the rooms in this house.  I've featured the living room before with a different angle. 

I'm in love with the window in the shower and the marble walls!

This living room gives me lots of ideas for the new house.  I think I'll definitely place mirrors on the walls flanking the fireplace to help open up the room.  I'm undecided on weather to get leaning mirrors or to affix mirrors to the walls. 

This dining nook is perfect!  It provides function with the shelves above, drawers below the bench and the corkboard behind.  Check out the chevron rug!  Loving it all!!!  I could easily spend my mornings having breakfast and evenings hanging out here with a glass of wine while Ryan cooks (That's right, my man is a great cook! I'm the luckiest girl alive). 
I'm not sure if the ceiling has been painted a deep chocolate brown or black.  Either way I love it.  It draws your eye up and allows you to take in the architectural details.  The only thing I do not like in this room is the Ikea 3' paper chandelier.  I feel as though it's there because they couldn't find anything else.  It doesn't fit in my mind.

Thank goodness it's Friday.  I went to a GoodLife body pump class with a colleague this morning and feel my muscles tightening and tiring as I type.  Even my fingers are sore from this class.  It was an intense workout which I needed.  I'll have all weekend to recover.  :)  Enjoy yours!  xo

2 comments:

  1. That bathroom is heavenly, love the mirrors and that eating nook, divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this space! Happy Friday! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)