We met with our real estate agent on Wednesday night. Her name is Luisa and she is a peach! She made us (I should really say 'stressed out me') feel so much better about the buying process. Not having gone through this before I'm completely nervous that we will have to settle just to get into the market or that we won't find anything for months and months! It's also an ENORMOUS amount of money to spend. The largest purchase of our lives is hopefully around the corner. YIKES! I know Luisa will do everything in her power to make it as easy for us as possible. My s-i-l Aaren has loved working with her and told us that the first house always seems more daunting than any other. So far, the listings we've seen have been quite dismal. It's going to be an interesting ride so I better buckle up and prepare for a rollercoaster ride of emotions over the next little while.
How have your experiences been with buying? Any good advice?
Today, I want to share my favourite items with you. Some of them are new and some you have seen before. I hope you enjoy dreaming about them as much as I do. :)
1. Driftwood lamps and chandeliers and bleached herringbone wood floors!!
2. Distressed plank floors.
My Home Ideas.com
3. The layered look to a table vignette and those single flower vases with large oval bases. They would look very cool placed on a dining table scattered around.
4. This turquoise tufted sofas from Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams.
5. Tori Spellings Kitchen Floor!
6. The cubed slip covered ottomans from Elizabeth Kimberly Design.
7. The Greenwich Tufted Bench from Elte.
8. The Stockholm Rand rug from Ikea.
9. Pedestal tables like this one from Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams.
10. The Martyne tufted upholstered armchair from Restoration Hardware.
I have a very busy day of work ahead of me. There are a few deals that have fallen through this week so I really need to fill my pipe-line (for all of you sales reps out there). If I find anymore inspiration throughout the day I'll be sure to share it with you. Have a great day!! :)