Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kitchen

It has been quite the week!!  Monday and Tuesday were horrible because of all the house shenanigans!  Tuesday at least ended on a positive note when I picked up my brand new Hyundai Elantra Touring.  It's very pretty and apparently has a really nice set of rims (at least that's what every guy in my office keeps ogling on about).  You have to admit it sounds a bit perverted.  ;-)  Yesterday was a great day.  I was finally over losing the house and had a great day at work.  I even brought in a new client.  Woo hoo!! 

I love when work is busy but hate that it takes time away from writing and research blog posts.  I think I'll have more time this weekend to stock up on a few posts.  I have so many ideas.  I simply need to find the time to complete them. 

I had to feature these two kitchens.  They are gorgeous!!  Looking at these beauties definitely makes house hunting a bit more challenging because I see these rooms and want them for myself.  I have to keep telling myself that my dream kitchen will probably not come to fruition until the second or third house.  Patience is not a virtue of mine.  I'm learning... slowly!

I love everything about this room - the light fixtures, hint of grey paint on the walls, mix of traditional dark wood cabinets and white modern cabinets, large rectangular dining table with simple parsons chairs, large island with sink and finally the cupboards go straight to the ceiling.  I hate when space is not used well.  Cupboards should always go to the ceiling unless you have a loft style ceiling.  That is just my opinion.   


Industrial is not my taste.  However, this kitchen is very cool!  I love the island with its huge wooden legs.  It makes it feel more like a table then an island.

My favourite part of this kitchen is the floor to ceiling glass shelf unit with built-in espresso machine.  It allows light to easily pass through from the bright seating area into the work area.  The white tulip chairs look fabulous against the wooden farm table.  I love mixing old with new, modern with vintage/classic.  It makes a house feel more like a home then a show-room. 

What is your favourite style kitchen?  Can you actually choose one style or do you like bits and pieces of different styles?

xo

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)