Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vacation Drama Update

Hello!  Do you miss me?  I sure miss the blog world.  Last night Katie and I came into town because it was raining and we needed a little break from the cottage.  Not because we weren't enjoying it but simply because we needed to start fresh.  In a 24 hour period we had nothing but DRAMA!!!  I'm serious.  It was unbelievable.  First came the family drama out of left field through texting and then phone calls (not between Katie and I). Once we sorted through that it was time for bed. 

Our first night alone in the cottage EVER!  We have never stayed there without our parents and that would be fine in normal circumstances but Monday night was different. We hop into bed (together because it is the first night alone).  The lights are turned off and we are just about to fall asleep when we see a flash of light.  No idea where it came from but it was freaky!!  (You should know the cottage is very remote and surrounded by trees.  It's lovely during the day but for a city girl who hasn't spent much time there in her adult life it's a little freaky at night).  I digress… anyways we freaked out and thought it must be the silly touch lamp beside the bed.  We unplug it to be sure it won't happen again.  (It did not ease our increased heart beats).  Finally, we fall asleep only to be woken up by what we thought was an intruder!  I'm not joking.  It was one of the scariest moments in my life.  I thought they were in the cottage creeping around.  Katie thought they were on the roof creeping around.  I swear they could have heard my heart pounding.  We got out of bed ready to protect the cottage and defend ourselves.  With what you ask?  We asked ourselves the same thing given we had only clothes and a little lamp in our room but off we went to investigate with our cell phone in hand.  The intruder, a family of racoons!  They were having a party on the roof of the cottage.  I swear it sounded just like human footsteps ready to get us.  

We settled back in bed after we calmed down and talked to our dad (superman… we laughed the next day at calling dad because he was 45 minutes away.  What would he have done if it was an intruder?  Put on his cape and fly to our rescue?!).  Just about to fall asleep and we hear a loud bang of some sorts.  We decided not to ask questions and just lie as still as possible until we fell asleep.  

I can't tell you how hard we laughed on Tuesday morning/afternoon.  We were having a great time relaxing by the lake swimming, floating around and reading our books.  After a while I thought it was time to get a snack.  I go back up to the cottage only to find a snake slithering its way into the cottage through the front door that I left a little ajar.  After a panicked scream Katie came running up the stairs.   I freaked out but somehow managed to prevent it from going in.  It was caught between the door and it's hinge.  I had to hold it open for it to slither away.  Let me give you a little picture.  Both Katie and I (I'm holding the door open) are standing on deck chairs screaming at the snake to just get out of the door and go away.  If neighbours had seen  us they would have died laughing.  We should have taped the entire 15 hour period and posted it on YouTube because I'm sure it would be a huge hit!

So after that we decided to sleep at Tara's place (she's my sisters best friend and a fourth sister to the rest of us).  Thanks again Tara for saving our day.  xo

Ok.  This post is much longer than I thought it would be.  Here are a few photos from the week so far.  

Have a great week!  I'll be back on Monday with hopefully no more drama.  

1 comment:

  1. It wouldn't be a cottage without the visits from raccoons and snakes! Sounds like a great time even with all the drama.


Thank you for leaving a comment! :)