Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Essentials

I've been so busy with work and preparing for the baby that I have not decorated our house for Christmas yet.  So last night I got to thinking what I have and what I would like to purchase.  Ryan is telling me no more holiday accessory purchases for this year but I think one ore two items (especially since so much is on sale right now) isn't out of the question.  We have a new house to decorate.  Not just one small apartment. 

Here is my list of holiday items that I love and items that I think are essentials. 

I'm not Jewish but I love the look of this Menorah.  It's beautiful and would add elegance to any room or table setting. 
Pottery Barn


For the mantle I'm partial to velvet stockings and the classic Reindeer stocking holder by Pottery Barn.


Decorating the house is one of my favourite holiday experiences.  It brings back memories and gets me excited for the month of parties, parties with friends, family dinners and time spent together. Candles, pictures of family and friends, a warm throw and mercury glass are all essentials in our house.  

Crate & Barrel


Crate & Barrel / Pottery Barn

The table setting is very important.  I had hoped to host dinner this year but my very big belly and exhaustion have held that off for another year.  It would also be breaking our family tradition and not everyone is ready for those changes yet.  Getting married and splitting my time between families has taken some getting use to for all, including me.  :)

Here are my table essentials:
Crate & Barrel

Can you believe I still have not used my china.  I may break it out on Sunday for brunch with friends or for dinner with Ryan.  It needs to be used!!! 
Kate Spade for Wedgewood

I will need to purchase the red table napkins at some point.  Love them! The white serving platters and bowls from Pottery Barn are practical and classic.
Pottery Barn

Another essential in our house is champagne flutes!  We love drinking bubbly.  :) 


And last but not least, this cheese tray from PB is ideal for serving delicious cheese and pate.  My mother-in-law serves a warm cheese dip that is to die for!!  Add a the silver bowl to the tray and voila!  A perfect serving tray. 


Work is a bit slower for me today.  I actually have time to breath and relax which is a good thing seeing that my belly was contracting all afternoon yesterday.  I predict my last 6 weeks to be uncomfortable but very exciting.  Tonight my friends Megan and Paula are hosting a baby shower for me.  It will be great to see some of my girl friends and talk baby items.  :)

Have a great day!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)