Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Aaren & Mike's Nursery

Good morning!

We had a great night of sleep.  Thomas went to bed at 9pm and slept until 6:45am with feeds at 1:15am and 4:15am.  There was a bit of crying at 3:15am but some shushing from mom and a pacifier he was back to sleep.  I was so happy!  This is the first time that he's gone back to sleep without being rocked. WOOHOO!!!!! I'm also working on getting him back to feeding every 3 hours instead of every 2 which he was getting accustomed to.  We are making progress. :)

We have a busy day ahead - nap, bath, play, hosting my SIL Maria and her kids for lunch and then off to the mall where Thomas will sleep in the stroller and I will get a bit of down time.  Right now he's trying to fall asleep.  We'll see if that happens.  I hear a few weak cries and then he's quiet again.  All I want to do is rock him to sleep because it's warm and cozy for both of us but I know it's a bad habit to get into.

My SIL Aaren and her husband Mike are expecting their first child in the next couple of weeks.  Hopefully soon as I know how uncomfortable she is right now.  Those last few weeks are brutal!

Here are pictures of their gorgeous nursery.  They did a wonderful job creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for baby.  Thomas and I have christened the glider.  He was mesmerized by the mirrors behind it.  Mike painted the two canvases above the crib.  LOVE THEM!  I've already put in an order for Thomas' nursery.  Will post pictures once they are completed.  The bassinet was Mike's as a baby.  His mom refinished it and passed it onto them.  All of the kids in his family including his niece and nephew have slept in it.  I think that is incredibly special.



2 comments:

  1. I adore the colours of this nursery! So serene and Daddy-to-be is very talented.

    Can I ask where that crib bedding is from? It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)