Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm back!

Hello!  Thank you for staying with me over the last few weeks while I packed up our rental, moved in with the in-laws and then moved into our first house.  It has been a very crazy time for Ryan and I.  We moved out of the rental May 31st.  The 10 days with my in-laws went faster than we anticipated.  I think I spent most of the time driving to and from work.  Some days would take me over 2 hours to get home!!  I thought I would die from the drive by the last day.  It was very annoying.  The drive from our new house is not as bad.  It will seem like a breeze compared to the last two weeks.

We moved into our new house last Wednesday.  I have been off work since then to settle us in, clean and pick out paint colours.  We had one painter come in and quote us on the living room, kitchen, front hallway, stairway and upstairs hallway.  The quote: $2,300!!!  Too expensive for these first time home owners.  I'm going to have them quote just the hallway as it has a double height ceiling and is a bit complicated for us.  We can handle the rest of the house on our own room by room.

Do you think my quote is a little high for 900 square feet?  If you're in Toronto please recommend painters.

I'm sure your dying to see the house, once Ryan returns from work with the camera I can download the photos and show you (late this afternoon).  I need to shop for a lot of furniture starting this week.  We need living room furniture as we sold our previous furniture from the rental, a dresser and bedside tables for the master suite and a dining table to go with the cain back dining chairs I bought from Craig's List.  I'm also dying to put in a garden out front and build the fence out back.  Luckily our neighbors want to build the fence as well which saves us from doing it alone.  Yeah!!! :)

For now, I will leave you with this gorgeous open and sunny living room.  I love the blue lamp and the cain back sofas!

Have a great day!! xo
 

1 comment:

  1. GAH that sounds SUPER expensive!! I've never used professional painters, but I have friends who had and that is NOT what they spent (theirs was more like 900 for living/dining/master/hallway/one wall in basement.

    Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)