Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Official!

As of today, I'm officially on holidays until January 13th and then I start maternity leave for one year.  Woo Hoo!!!  It was so nice not to wake up to an alarm this morning.  Especially after the terrible nights sleep I had.   Everyone says to enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy before Jelly Bean arrives.  Quite frankly I think they are all out of their minds because it's uncomfortable to sit, stand, lay down and walk.  I just want JB to be here with us so we can hold him/her, cuddle and get to know one another.  


Today is a busy day - somewhat... I'm off to the mall first thing to finish up Ryan's gift and then the grocery store to stock up on baked good supplies and tomatoe sauce supplies.  My two youngest cousins and Aunt are coming over for a spaghetti dinner tonight.  I plan on baking shortbread with the girls tonight so I need to get them supplies to decorate the trees, snowman and any other cookie cutters I can find.  This afternoon is to rest and make the spagetti sauce.  I absolute detest store bought sauce in a can or jar.  YUCK!  Instead I'm going to try this one by Giada (of course!).  



Marinara Suace

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 small onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 (32-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
2 dried bay leaves
In a large casserole pot, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the celery, carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, andsimmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper, to taste. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.)
Now I can't leave you for the day without an image.  It would be so nice to curl up on these chairs to watch a Christmas movie while eating our baked goods tonight.  This room would be perfect for holiday movie watching and those long hours spent watching a TV series you got for Christmas.  
Enjoy the day!  xo
Turner Davis Interiors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)